Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Back-up, Back-up and Back-up

GOOD NEWS!! The IT people manage to save my documents:) According to IT, there is a crack (I think this is how they called it) on my internal hard disk, just like a scratch on your CD. So, it is better to change a new one as the crack might get bigger and later die again. The powerful and wonderful IT people back-up all my files and then transfer back into the new internal hard disk. In short, all my hard work was not wasted, I don't have to re-do anything. Except that HE looks and feels a bit different, I'mnot sure how to explain... Anyway, I am grateful that I didn't lost any documents/files.

One advice that given by the IT people which I felt quite funny was from now on, I need to be more diligent in backing up my files AND I need an external hard disk 1 to backup all documents in my laptop, then external hard disk 2 to back up the external hard disk 1.

My question is, how many times we need to back-up? As one of my colleague always said "I rather be 300% kiasu/kiasi to be 100% sure" Agree??

4 comments:

ss said...

Ms.Kong, cn i know how much do u pay 2 recover the memory in the harddisk? jz in case same thing happen 2 me.

nostalgia.jesskang said...

Better safe than sorry...

Dorae-ong said...

Buy HP!

ssh said...

my dear, i kiasi and kiasu and backup on external hard disk. as u well know, i just got my acer back. and....i cant read my external hard disk!!!! i hav been advised to read it on another computer...with hints to be prepared...so to be 300% kiasi/kiasu, maybe 3 hard disks????