Saturday, December 26, 2009

Achilles Tendinitis

Darling force (with a bit of scolding, which he denied) me to face the truth this morning -- visit the doctor. After waiting for about 2+ hours in the clinic, Dr Chia solved my worry of the past few months.

Achilles Tendinitis generally due to overuse of the affected limb and is more common among athletes training under less than ideal conditions. Achilles Tendinosis is a soreness and stiffness that comes on gradually and continues to worsen until treated. It often starts with stiffness and creaking when first getting out of bed in the morning. Lightly pinching the Achilles tendon with the forefinger and thumb will indicate soreness. Dr Chia jokingly asked whether I did a lot of shopping during this festive seasons, which of course I didn't.

Dr Chia's advice is to rest, rest and rest. In other words, no more all day long shopping, extensive workout or standing for long hours. Most importantly, I must wear a good pair of low heeled shoes. My reply to him was, "I'm a teacher, can't avoid standing!" In my heart I also worry about the 3 days orentation when school re-open. Since I'm one of the teacher in-charge and will involve in amazing race, I will stand, walk and run a lot!! HOW?????

Dr Chia added that the worst case will be tendon rupture!!

4 comments:

nostalgia.jesskang said...

Be careful... Tendon rupture will be very very very serious... Better safe than sorry.. Please rest..

Anonymous said...

Get Well Soon Ms Kong!

Dorae-ong said...

Poor Kong, better rest more la. Wish you well!

bambinakong said...

Who is TOFUCHEESECAKE?

Anyway, thank you for all your concern. My feet are working really hard, especially these few days. I really hope the orientationwillturn up well:) Then, my pain worth!!!