Saturday, December 20, 2008

Winter Solstice Festive

"Dong Zhi" is celebrated on the longest night of the year, the day when sunshine is weakest and daylight shortest. In my memories, "Dong Zhi" always fall on 22nd December, but I was told this year (leap year) it is on 21st December. In older day, "Dong Zhi" is more important than the Lunar Chinese New Year where family and friends put on their new clothes, gathered around to have reunion dinner :)

I am looking forward to tomorrow "Dong Zhi" as I love to eat "Tang Yuan" (glutinous rice ball served in sweet soup). Nowadays, you can get these tiny and colourful rice balls with various fillings anytime. However, I still prefer the homemade plain (original) "Tang Yuan" in Pandan flavour gingery sugar syrup :0

I have sweet tooth & enjoy the 'rubbery' texture

(picture from happyhomemaker88.wordpress.com)

Happy Mid-winter Festival

2 comments:

Dorae-ong said...

I hate "tang yuan".

bambinakong said...

why??
tast so nice & so colourful??