Thursday, February 14, 2008

Sharing is Caring

I kicked start my Chinese New Year celebration in Sinagpore by having a Potluck session with my mentor class. The whole year 3 had an hour long party within the class on 30th January 2008. Students & teachers brought in some yummy & naughty food for sharing.
In order to set a good example, I, as the mentor prepared lots of fruits -- pineapple, pears, apples, madarine oranges, pecimons. I bought varieties of fruits the night before & only cut them in the morning cause I want to serve fresh but not oxidised fruits to my beloved children.

Sandwiches, paus, soft drinks, fruits, durian puffs etc etc Of course, lots & lots of junk food
We started the makan-makan session with 'lou sang'. It was the first time for my internationational students, majority of them love it!! I told my students that 'lou sang' started from Hong Kong (I thought). Later, after some research (via internet & family members) only I realise that it was from Singapore....sorry kids!!
modern way -- used forks instead of chopsticks
Although all the hard work, we all have fun:)

After all the mouth watering food, we spring cleaned a nearby housing estate (HDB Flats) on 5th February 2008. Our school officially adopted block 405 & 406 as majority of the tenants are senior citizens.
Students, are you ready for some dirty job?
Well prepared!!
Our class incharged of Block 405 level 10,11 & 12. All these floors are quite clean, thus, we manage to complete the task in about 30minutes. We then moved to other floors to help other classes.
Chin Wen, Zi Kai & Ivan
are you working?
Ada, Tricia & Bernadine
still remember vividely when these girls asked me to clear the fresh dog poo
Well Done!! You have done a great job:)
Hopefully the students understand the objectives of these 2 programs.

2 comments:

nostalgia.jesskang said...

Why does your school have so many nice activities?

By the way, naughty food?! sweat

~K£cќ~ said...

Yalor ... UTAR is sooo ... sooo ... speechless =.=

After all majority of UTAR students only know how to study XDXD @.@