Sunday, November 25, 2007

IDIOMS

Once upon a time, there lived in a far away land, three little pig named K, Y and C. Everyone in the land likes to pull their legs (to joke about something, exaggerate), saying that they are three little stupid pigs. To K, Y and C, that was a slap in their faces (an insult). But nevertheless they never lose their head (to lose control) or let things get out of hand (out of control).

One day, three pigs decided to go for a walk but alas they couldn't see eye to eye (to agree completely) to decide where they should go...

K, being the eldest and smartest of the three, said firmly "I am going to put my foot down (to take a firm stand)! Two of you should just hold your tongues (to keep quiet) and listen to me! I got a great suggestion!"

Y and C were taken aback and were all ears (willing to listen carefully), waiting for K to state his great plan. "Alright, alright!" they replied in unison.

So, K yelled, "We should go to the food bazaar. I heard they have all sorts of sausages that melt in one's mouth (to taste very good)."

The word "sausages" was enough to make Y and C's mouth water (delicious food) ! We hope you are not pulling the wool over our eyes (to deceive, trick someone)!! Sausages for free?! Yippie!!


**found this 'article' while clearing my room. written by hubby while I took a short toilet break during my English revision class years ago...I'm so impress with him!!

5 comments:

Gabriel said...

Hahahaha...aight aight i must admit ur hubby is one heck of a person to be able to insert idioms as much as that in one short story...respecto!! hahaha!! i wish you good luck in your future endeavors...and never forget me...

your loyal chem student,
Gabriel...

P/s: im linking ur blog 2 mine..can 1 ryte?? :P

bambinakong said...

I'll remember you always, & hope the same to you; never forget your best chemistry lecturer

All the best in your studies & achieve all your dreams.
Who knows, I might meet you in Singapore, right?

Gabriel said...

Hmmmm...can can...meet in singapore :P highly possible hahaha!

8gua-news said...

hi ^^ Ms Kong.. I'm joining Gab to leave u comment here.. i also so "pui fuk" your hubby, English so geng!! hope all the best for you future at S'pore la.. haiz, so sad because such a good and funny lecturer gone from Utar, gone from my world T.T

weishioun =P

bambinakong said...

Thank you WeiShioun!!
Keep in touch:)