Tuesday, December 23, 2008

i hate FLEAS

My super sensitive skin was attacked (suspected) by cat's fleas (again*)! According to mum, it wasn't done by the mosquitoes because the wounds are like chicken pox. Since Monday, I have been soaking both my legs into a pail of salty warm tea few times a day. Hope I'll fully recover before I return to Singapore on Sunday.

* 1st & the most serious case happenned during my secondary school days. Both my younger brother & I got it all around our legs. Dr. suspected that our socks were 'contaminted' with cat's fleas. We were force to fast (only on selected food) for more than a year, we were only allow to eat pork, vegetables & a few types of fishes!! Since then, we can only wear 100% cotton socks if not we will feel itchy. Of course, we got better when time past.

* 2nd time was about a year ago, when I relocated to Singapore. My housemate has a dog where she was free to walk in & out from my room (before I move in). She likes to rest underneath our bed & sometimes even jump onto the bed! I reminded hubby about my sensitive skin & of course the dog was not allowed to enter my room from then (at least when I'm around). Sister-in-law love the dog so much & hubby didn't tell (wonder why?) his sister about my sensitive skin. Thus, the dog stil come into my room (especially when I'm not around) from time to time. Hubby & I had a few 'heaty' discussion about this, but he always claimed that she bath very often & is very cleaned. As expected, I got many water pox on my legs. I forced hubby to accompany me to see Dr. because I reckon he should listen to what the professional said about this.

Funny though, the fleas always attacked the same place....

p.s. don't get me wrong, i don't hate animals.

No comments: